Scheme at a glance
- The scheme is aimed at building on existing relationships between SMEs and HEIs in Scotland to continue the development of an SFC standard Innovation Voucher award.
- Only SMEs that have had a successful SFC standard innovation voucher award are eligible to apply.
- The company contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- The voucher should be used to continue the development programme from the original Innovation Voucher project.
- The company should identify a clearly defined issue or opportunity that will benefit from PhD/Masters student interaction within their business to set timescales.
- The company must have suitable premises to host a student for the duration of the project.
Stages of application
- Following completion of a Standard Innovation Vouchers project the SME and academic partner meet to discuss Student Placement Voucher opportunity.
- SME and academic partner fill out the application form and sends to Interface.
- Interface reviews and may ask for further information before sending to the Scottish Funding Council.
- Scottish Funding Council assesses the application and communicates a decision.
- Collaborative project between academic partner and business commences and a final report is produced on completion of the close out meeting.
- On receipt of the final report to Interface the Scottish Funding Council makes payment to the academic partner.