In Scotland, the life science sector is one of our key strengths. It is broad and diverse and there is innovation and expertise in many areas with an emergent digital health segment of this market, where ICT meet healthcare life sciences.
Developing links with academia could help your business grow and expand in this exciting globally trending market.
How can Interface support growth in this sector
Interface has access to a wide diversity of expertise and hundreds of world class academics, departments and facilities that are useful to companies operating in the digital health sector. From informatics to ethics, and engineering to graphic design; connecting and collaborating with a University could help give your company that innovative edge that it needs.
- Developing new software and its architecture for the management and flow of patient information.
- User authentication interfaces – keep your data safe, improve security and fraud detection
- Informatics database systems and theory – testing new boundaries and making improvements
- Database management systems and High performance computing – the development of methods for detailed data mining analysis
- Engineering & electronics – designing medical devices, robotic surgeons, medical monitors with cross –disciplinary collaboration
- Industry focused art and design – how it looks, to how it works
- Mobile networks, devices and security - exploring not just the technology but how people interact with it and how it impacts society.
- Mobile applications their deployment, design and usability
- Biomechanics and sports - testing the robustness of assisted living design, making it better
- 3D visualisation, haptic technology, augmented reality – visual representation of information
- Sensors – collect data and convert into useful intelligent information
- Ethics and policy – knowledge of the regulatory pitfalls, current opinion and policy
Don’t know where to start?
Let Interface take some of the time and effort out of developing your ideas by using our matchmaking service to identify potential academic partners. We can also help identify funding opportunities to off-set the cost of your initial collaboration.