Grade 7 - ~£34,000 p.a.
Interface Business Engagement Executive
Interface -The knowledge connection for business, Edinburgh Innovations Ltd
Fixed Contract – 2 years fixed term from July 2021. 35 hours per week
1 Position available
Joining the well-established Business Engagement team, which has a profile across Scotland, you will be working with businesses and social enterprises across the West of Scotland region providing tailored advice and professional support to those looking to secure R&D collaboration opportunities with academia.
This role will increase the visibility of Scottish Universities, Research Institutes and Colleges’ expertise and knowledge available to companies across the West of Scotland region with a specific focus on networking and developing relationships with key intermediary organisations such as Scottish Enterprise, Local Councils, Business Gateway, Chambers of Commerce, SCDI, FSB, and Trade Associations to ensure they are aware of and endorse the many mechanisms available from Universities and Research Institutions to support the development of their ‘client companies’.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a client relationship management role. It is also preferable that they have some experience of the Higher Education sector and a sound understanding of business support organisations.
Your skills and attributes for success
- A good standard of formal education or equivalent work experience for a five-year period in a relevant industrial / discipline area e.g. ICT, business, science, engineering, technology with an ability to use the MS Office suite of software to an advanced level.
- A successful track record in client management with SMEs, companies or social enterprises and presenting and networking, with an aptitude for customer service, including a commitment to continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills including discretion and the ability to establish and maintain trust.
- Excellent personal time management, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritise whilst occasionally working under pressure.
- Confidence to work with multiple and changing priorities in a flexible way while showing commitment to the Interface Mission, Vision and values (Ambitious, Inclusive, Exceptional, Genuine, Ethical).
Click here for a copy of the full job description
Applications must include a CV and cover letter outlining how your skills and attributes meet the criteria for the post.
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent and reward success. You will benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which includes a generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme.
The closing date of applications is 25th May 2021 at 5pm (GMT). We cannot guarantee to consider late applications.
Interviews will be held online from the week commencing the 7th June 2021.
Informal enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Laura Goodfellow, Head of Business Engagement, Laura@interface-online.org.uk M: 07890580511.
If invited for interview you will be required to evidence your right to work in the UK. Further information is available on our right to work webpages.