With just a few weeks to go until the Scottish Knowledge Exchange Awards 2019 applications deadline, I wanted to share some top tips for applying:
- First and foremost – Make it a team effort - these awards celebrate collaboration and partnership so make sure that each of the parties involved in the collaborative project is involved in the award application
- Prove it - Always back up your claims with evidence, especially proof of innovation and the impacts achieved to all the parties in the collaboration
- Think about the audience - Consider who will be reading your entry – the judges are not experts in your area of expertise so keep it simple, concise, clear and easy to understand
- Attention to detail - Adhere to the word limits and spell check
- Take your time and plan - Don’t leave it until the last minute and get it in on time – the deadline is 5pm on Friday 30th November
- Lastly, blow your own trumpet and shout loud and clear about your achievements – application forms are not the time for modesty, they’re a time to prove you’re the best!
And most importantly have fun! Awards are a time for celebrating what has been achieved and this year we are really excited to bring new categories and take the awards on tour bringing businesses, entrepreneurs, higher and further education staff and support ecosystem partners together through a series of regional events!
Don’t just take our word for it - previous winner of Innovation of the Year and Building Skills through Knowledge Exchange Awards in 2017, Ivan Wood & Sons, with Abertay University, have gone from strength to strength with their starch filtration system, PeelTech, which is now being sold across the UK and gaining international interest. They have also been recognised by other industry bodies, having won several other awards along the way for innovation and sustainability.
We are here to help - if you need some guidance or are unsure about your application or where to begin, then please contact us - we want to encourage as many of you as possible to apply for the Scottish Knowledge Exchange Awards and join us for the celebrations on Thursday 21st February 2019.