04 September 2017Edinburgh & Lothians
Venue: CSEC, James Clerk Maxwell Building, King’s Building Campus, University of Edinburgh
The Edinburgh Complex Fluids Partnership (ECFP) welcomes you to our event website where you can register to attend our FREE event to learn about the latest research and development in understanding the use of biological materials in formulations and other composites.
You will have the opportunity to present a poster on your latest research or technology and arrange 1:1 meetings with other attendees through our online software (after registration).
At this event, we celebrate and share the results of our EPSRC funded Programme Grant on 'Design Principles for New Soft Materials'. This has included adventurous research on the behaviour of microorganisms in complex fluids and on harvesting functional ingredients from biological materials. We look forward to sharing ideas and development opportunities with scientists from academic and industrial backgrounds. You will be among experts who understand the interplay of function, structure, interactions and dynamics in multicomponent mixtures - essential information for the design of future formulations.
At BioInformulation2017 we invite you to:
- Learn about research that will influence the design of future formulations using biological materials
- Network with academics and businesses across a wide range of sectors
- Present your product, business idea, technical challenges or research interests
- Enjoy in-depth 1:1 meetings with academics or potential business partners
- Discover the facilities and expertise available at the University of Edinburgh
- Learn about funding opportunities for collaborative work
Cross pollination of solutions across sectors will enable your business to flourish. Collaboration will increase the scope of your market. Sharing challenges will influence future directions for academic research.