21 March 2019Edinburgh & Lothians
Venue: Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Campus, Boundary Road North, Edinburgh
Time: 09:30 to 16:00
Innovate UK and the KTN are holding a briefing event in support of this competition for R&D Funding from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund for ESP for robotics in extreme environments.
- To encourage R&D investment in ESP enabled robotics capabilities made in the UK.
- Successful proposals will demonstrate a thorough understanding of whole system design requirements for Robotics and AI in extreme environments. It must:
- include mission-specific performance and regulatory targets
- show an understanding of the challenge in RAI systems in extreme environments, including the market specifically addressed in your proposal
Out of a Total Budget of £2m, funding may be available for :-
- Feasibility studies. Total eligible costs £25,000 - £100,000.
- Collaborative R&D. Total eligible costs £50,000 - £250,000.
Specific Themes are:-
- Optics and photonics based sensing
- Compound semiconductor based electronics
- Modelling and simulation
It is expected to be of particular interest to members of the:-
- ESP Community
- Robotics and AI Community
- End User Community
To see the full scope and how to apply, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/robotics-to-withstand-extreme-conditions-apply-for-funding
Briefing Events will be held:-
- 19/03/19 - London
- 21/03/19 - Edinburgh
- 26/03/19 - Cardiff
Not able to attend? The London event will be recorded and webcasted to ensure that the wider industry has access to this information. You can register to join online here.