Scheme at a glance
- The awards are specifically intended to encourage existing partnerships that have previously collaborated and jointly received funding
- The innovation voucher programme will draw on a number of funders including Scottish Funding Council, European Regional Development Fund, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, and Scottish Enterprise.
- The grant award (for an individual project) is for up to £20,000
- The company must match the value of the grant requested in cash
- There are set deadlines throughout the year for applications:
- 29 June 2018
- 17 August 2018
Stages of application
- Following completion of a Standard Innovation Vouchers project or another funded project the SME and academic partner meet to discuss the Follow On Voucher opportunity.
- If you are seeking to prepare a Follow On Voucher application by way of follow on from another type of partnership, to ensure you qualify the academic partner will complete the pre-submission form and send to Interface.
- SME and academic partner fill out the application form and sends to Interface.
- Interface reviews and may ask for further information before sending to the Scottish Funding Council.
- Applications are assessed by a panel of funders and the Scottish Funding Council communicates the decision.
- Collaborative project between academic partner and business commences and a final report is produced on completion of the close out meeting.
- On receipt of the final report to Interface the Scottish Funding Council makes payment to the academic partner.