Scheme at a glance
- The purpose of the scheme is to encourage Scottish small to medium sized companies to engage more effectively with European Funding, under Horizon 2020.
- Academics or European officers within Scottish universities can offer expertise and experience to advise and facilitate appropriate consortium building and support towards full Horizon 2020 application for the company.
- The company contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- All SMEs with main business operations in Scotland are eligible to partner with a Scottish university under the Horizon 2020 SME Engagement scheme.
Stages of application
- SME (interested in applying for Horizon 2020 bid closing in a few months from now) and academic partner meet to discuss opportunities and support via this scheme. Need to discuss collaborative idea/scope/eligibility/risk etc.
- SME and academic partner review FAQs and establish the project scope and milestones which determine the overall costings for the project.
- SME and academic partner complete application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due diligence by Interface which may seek further clarification prior to submission to Scottish Funding Council.
- Scottish Funding Council assesses the application and communicates a decision by email to the academic partner.
- Final report is produced on completion of the close out meeting and submitted to email@example.com
- On receipt of the final report the Scottish Funding Council makes payment to the academic partner.
For even more information on Horizon 2020 visit ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020