Scotland’s creative industries sector employ over 60,000 people across more than 8,000 businesses and is made up of 13 distinct sectors - advertising, architecture, art and antiques, crafts, design, designer fashion, film, interactive leisure software, music, performing arts, publishing, software and computer services, TV and radio. Developing links with academia can help your business innovate and grow.
Scotland has a wealth of academic experts and facilities useful to the creative sector that can help with new product development and brand management through to sustainability, business strategy, design and engineering. Individuals to large companies can benefit from the range of expertise available including:
- Advertising – Are you interested in accessing creative thinking to help develop your brand?
- Music – Are you in the music industry and looking to access the latest computing expertise which could help you maximise online sales and tap into new markets?
- Textiles – Are you aware of the extensive research taking place in this area from digital printing to environmental issues and sustainability in textile products and systems?
- Crafts – Have you considered using 3D modelling to bring your bespoke designs to life for prospective customers?
- Architecture – Are you looking to understand the latest low carbon options in building design?
- Film, TV & radio – Are you looking to discover the latest technology advances in augmented reality?
- Art & Antiques – Did you know that there is currently research being undertaken into the use of technology as a means of preserving works of art?
- Publishing – Looking to use technology to make your e-books more interactive and engaging?
- Software & Computer Services – Interested in accessing the latest research and activity in 3D modelling and motion capture?
- Performing arts – Have you considered using arts and culture as a means of social regeneration?
- Design – Did you know that Universities have the latest facilities in rapid prototyping facilities?
Don’t know where to start?
Let Interface take some of the time and effort out of developing your ideas by identifying potential academic partners. contact us for more information.