Scotland’s environment and forests are a vital natural asset. If they are looked after and well managed they can produce a huge range of benefits for Scotland’s economy and people.
If you are an organisation within these sectors looking to improve your data, processes, forecasting or asset management academia could be a starting point for you to reevaluate, streamline and improve your product or service. Recent projects have seen companies looking to academia for expertise, technologies and facilities including:
- Research of environmental impacts, woodland creation and urban settings
- Designing processes where energy efficiencies and cost savings can be made
- Expertise within specialist areas: marine, chemistry, environmental quality, ecology and hydrology
- Utilise cutting edge technology to help with asset monitoring
- Assessing impacts of climate change and creating prediction models
- Monitoring of habitats, wildlife and plant life
- Study of threats from pests, diseases and climate change
- Assist with asset and management planning
- Engineering & electronics – designing of tools, robotics, process monitoring with cross – disciplinary collaboration
Don’t know where to start?
Let Interface take some of the time and effort out of developing your ideas by identifying potential academic partners. contact us for more information.