Interface Annual Review 2021/2022
Discover our impact over the last academic year.
We’re delighted to present this year’s annual review and highlight the impact Interface has had on the business-academic landscape over the last 12 months. Discover an overview of our statistics from this period:
- Interface supported 367 collaborative projects.
- 94% of requests identified expertise in at least one university, research institute or college.
- 88% of collaborative projects demonstrated positive environmental and/or societal impacts supporting the Scottish Government’s top priorities of a green recovery, a well-being economy and a just transition to net zero emissions.
- 39% of organisations continued to work with their academic partner after the initial project.
- Interface helped business-academic projects with financial support through:
- 109 Innovation Vouchers = £815K.
- Advanced Innovation Vouchers = £400K.
Since 2018, as a direct result of Interface projects, there were 457 new/improved products, 342 new/improved processes and 293 new/improved services, and 720 jobs were created or safeguarded.