The Bayes Centre Forum series is intended to create the opportunity for Partners & Members of the Bayes Centre, the wider University community and external business guests to interact, share experiences and explore multi-disciplinary AI and data science research collaboration opportunities.
This Bayes Forum will hear from a selection of colleagues who are focused on supporting researchers, students, staff and SMEs at all levels to take their work to industry; those that manage the programmes which support this and the researchers themselves on the importance of entrepreneurship.
- 1215 – 1220 Welcome – Michael Rovatsos
- 1220 – 1230 Introduction to wider DDE activity, DDI Hub focus and why Entrepreneurship is important to all. Charlotte Waugh (Enterprise and Innovation Programme Lead)
- 1230 – 1240 Venture Builder Incubator Programme – who is on it, working with Industry partners and what the Programme covers. Laura Bernal (DDE Venture Builder Programme Manager)
- 1240 – 1250 AI Accelerator – what ‘scaling up’ involves. Who is on the Programme and what it covers. Katy Guthrie (Programme Manager – AI Accelerator)
- 1250 – 1300 Old College Capital- New Launch Fund and new resident in Bayes. Intro to the OCC Team, roles and how they support innovation through their investment routes. Andrea Young (Fund Manager)
- 1300 – 1315 Close and Questions