This showcase event at Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh is brought to you by the Food and Drink Federation Scotland and Interface and aims to bring together companies from across the food and drink supply chain, as well as industry and academic experts giving their insight and experiences. Scottish food and drink producers are playing a key role in enabling consumers to achieve a healthy balanced diet.
The Reformulation for Health team hosted by FDF Scotland enable and support activity to get healthier, reformulated products on to the dinner table. Interface connect businesses with academia and the two organisations have developed and delivered a range of funds focused on creating healthier products in line with public health targets.
You will hear from some of these funded projects as well as the latest consumer trends and policy insights. There will also be time over coffee and lunch to meet exhibitors and network with other companies currently looking at similar opportunities and challenges.
The speaker line-up includes:
- Special Guest Gary Maclean, Scotland’s National Chef
- Jenni Minto, Minister for Public Health
- Laura Wilson, Food Standards Scotland
- Lesley Ann Gray, Strategic Insight Director – Scotland, Kantar
- Howell Davies, Head of Strategic Programmes and Funding, Interface
- Joanne Burns, Reformulation for Health, Food & Drink Federation Scotland
- Stephen Leishman, ForrestBrown
- Amy Glass, Head of Diet and Health policy, FDF
- Martin Peel, Growers Garden
- Katherine Wernsen-Towler, Technical Director, Simon Howie Foods
- James Ambler, Ulrick & Short
- Dzeti Tait, Technical Sales Manager, Saltsmith
- Sam Bambrough, Business Development Manager, Healy Group
- Catriona Liddle & Caitlin Macvicar, Queen Margaret University
- Dr John Wilkin, Abertay University
- Morag Hamilton & Alistair Trail, SRUC
Innovation and Reformulation panel discussions will be chaired by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne of Scotland Food & Drink.