DigitalScotland: Tayside, supported by The Times Scotland, will bring together policy makers, business leaders, educators and community stakeholders to explore the opportunities and challenges of economic growth and digital transformation in Tayside.
Like many parts of Scotland and the UK, the region is remaking itself in a new era. The digital age is disrupting industries old and new, with Tayside seeking its own place in the firmament of global digital pioneers. With government support through city region deal funding, civic leaders are determined to bring to bear new skills and press their economic advantages to become more productive, competitive and ambitious to connect to global markets.
We will be joined at the conference by the Estonian Ambassador H.E. Mr. Viljar Lubi who will highlight the policy and local government levers that have inspired and led enormous growth in the Estonian life sciences, gaming and cyber industries, and will share how Tayside, and the rest of Scotland, can learn from these experiences.
The full day conference will also provide:
• An update on the progress of the Tay Cities Region Deal
• A focus on key sectors, skills and infrastructure investment to stimulate the region’s digital economy
• An insight into locally funded programmes that are helping to boost jobs, productivity and innovation
• An insight into the local tech ecosystem, start-ups and funding opportunities for growth
• Understanding how regions can learn from one another, work together and partner with local and national agencies
• Networking opportunities and sharing best practice