This event will bring together a number of different funding bodies to discuss how they can support innovators, and is aimed at sole traders, micro-organisations, small and medium-sized businesses, academia and wider industry. The event is hosted by the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) at their SAMS campus in Dunbeg, Oban.
The funding bodies’ presentations will include:
- The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is a cross-Government organisation that finds and funds exploitable defence and security innovations to make the UK safer. It welcomes ideas from innovators small and large, while providing support to those who have not previously worked with Government. DASA. Representatives from DASA will be at the event to discuss the funding opportunities and business support functions available.
- CENSIS is Scotland’s Innovation Centre for sensing, imaging and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. We work with private and public organisations of all sizes to de-risk and accelerate innovation and overcome technology barriers to achieve business transformation.
- ESA Space Solutions is the go-to place for great business ideas involving space in all areas of society and the economy. Its mission is to support entrepreneurs in Europe in the development of businesses using satellite applications and space technology.
- Interface offers a free and impartial service to connect your organisation with the best academic minds in Scotland to create and improve products, streamline services and develop processes to drive business growth, increase profits and helped to reach new markets. Interface has close connections with a range of support organisations across Scotland and can also advise on funding options.
- The Data Lab is Scotland’s innovation centre for data and AI. Through hubs in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Inverness, we foster innovation through collaboration, build skills and grow talent, and champion Scotland’s data science community. Our purpose is to change lives and make Scotland a more productive economy and a sustainable society by transforming the way we use data.
- 10:30 -11:00 – Arrival tea and coffees
- 11:00-11:15 – Welcome by Professor Nick Owens, Director of SAMS and Professor Neil Simco, Deputy Principal, Academic and Research at UHI
- 11:15-12:00 – Presentations from DASA, UHI, CENSIS, ESA Space Solutions, Interface and The DATALAB
- 12:00-12:30 – Panel Q&A Session
- 12:30-14:00 – Networking Lunch and Exhibition
- 14:00 – Event Close