Managing Scotland’s Tourism Visitors: Developing Data & Digital Tools to Influence Visitor Behaviour
Scotland’s national parks and rural and coastal spaces are developing diverse projects deploying sensors, IoT, digital tools such as apps and dashboards to help manage visitors responsibly. This workshop, in partnership with CENSIS, explores how data collected from sensor projects can be used strategically. We’ll also learn more about some of the work being developed in visitor destinations to understand how digital tools such as apps can influence visitor behaviour, and get an introduction to some of them from those active in visitor management across Scotland.
This event is aimed at: Organisations and stakeholders involved in managing responsible tourism; visitor spaces, tourism networks, councils and third sector organisations.
- Lesley Judge, Sector Engagement for Tourism & Project Manager, Interface & Traveltech for Scotland
- Cade Wells, Business Development Director, CENSIS
- Kevin Power, Software Systems Architect, CENSIS
- Professor Angela Tregear, University of Edinburgh Business School
- Leanne Dickson, Visitor Ranger, Perth & Kinross Council