Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering (SRPe) Annual Conference 2023 on 31st October is the annual opportunity for industry, academia and government to share the latest technological advances and research in Scotland.
Centred around SRPe’s Strategic Themes; Advanced Manufacturing; Robotics and Autonomous Systems; Engineering for Health and Care; Infrastructure & Environment, the event will take place at the Technology & Innovation Centre in Glasgow.
In addition to Keynote Speakers, there will be Strategic Theme sessions with updates from respective Theme Chairs, and each will host a Guest Speaker with Q&A at the end of each session.
Speakers confirmed are:
- Professor Peter Bonfield OBE (Vice-Chancellor and President, University of Westminster, and Co Chair of the EPSRC ‘Tomorrow’s Engineering Research Challenges’ Report)
- Dr Hina Khan (Executive Director, Space Scotland)
- Dr Janette Wark (EPSRC Head of Regional Engagement – Scotland)
- Professor Trish Connolly (Chair of the SRPe ‘Engineering for Health and Care’ Thematic Leadership Group, Director of the Strathclyde Institute of Medical Devices, University of Strathclyde)
- Professor Sean Smith (Chair of the SRPe ‘Infrastructure and Environment’ Thematic Leadership Group, Director of Centre for Future Infrastructure, University of Edinburgh)
- Professor Bill Ion (Chair of the SRPe ‘Advanced Manufacturing’ Thematic Leadership Group, Emeritus Professor; Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management, University of Strathclyde )
- Joe Galloway (Research Support Manager – Overseas Funders, University of Glasgow)
There will also be opportunities to learn about SRPe’s industry focused doctorate programmes; the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland Industry Doctorate Programme (NMIS-IDP) and the Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering Industry Doctorate Programme (SRPe-IDP), as well as the latest collaborative funding opportunities for industry and academia in a Funding Showcase.
For further information, please get in touch with Andrew Dryden at firstname.lastname@example.org.