#MatchedByInterface companies in the news (May 2022)
Here are some companies that we have proudly supported:
- Glasgow-based technology company, Kingdom Technologies have just closed a seed funding round of £2M led by Metaplanet, Ironwolf, Superangel and Specialist VC. The robot lawn mower technology company have developed an autonomous robotic lawn mower for large terrain. Interface were delighted to work with Kingdom Technologies after they reached out to us for an academic connection. We paired them with University of Glasgow, through this relationship they also received an Innovation Voucher from the Scottish Funding Council and further funding.
- FreeFlow Technologies have increased their production after an investment of £1.6M from Kelvin Capital and Scottish Enterprise. Interface paired the company with University of West of Scotland to work on a collaborative project, they also received an Innovation Voucher from the Scottish Funding Council. FreeFlow Technologies can now accelerate production of its e-bike units.
- Last month Carcinotech, manufacturers of 3D printed tumours developed from cancer stem cells, secured investment funding led by TRICAPITAL and supported by Eos Advisory, SIS Ventures, Gabriel, Alba Equity and Scottish Equity to secure £1.6M. The money will drive Carcinotech's next phase of growth with particular focus on international market expansion. Interface paired Carcinotech with University of Strathclyde to work collaboratively.
- Fantastic news for oat milk drink manufacturer Untitled Oats. The company, which was founded in 2020, have been sold to Mackintosh of Glenfaeveny, for an undisclosed sum. Following the acquisition, the businesses will merge and move from Untitled Oats's Edinburgh production facility to the Mackintosh family farm in Aberdeenshire, before relaunching later this year under the name Mackintosh Oats. Interface brokered a connection for Untitled Oats with the Edinburgh Napier to work on a collaborative project, they also received an Innovation Voucher from the Scottish Funding Council.
- Healthy Nibbles, creators of an innovative snack box, were recognised at The Queen's Awards for Enterprise honours outstanding achievement by UK businesses. They received an award which recognised their commitments to sustainability. Interface are delighted to see this recognition, after we paired the company with University of Glasgow.