An overview of Interface achievements from August 2020 to July 2021:
- The Interface team translated and issued 521 business-led challenges to universities, colleges, research institutes and other partners.
- 382 collaborative R&D projects were undertaken between a business and a university or college - the highest recorded in any year since Interface was established, and a 16% increase on the previous year. 40.74% of collaborative projects were led by a female business contact.
- We identified relevant expertise for 94% of industry led challenges in at least one university, research institute or college.
- The team facilitated a 94% conversion from expertise identified to company discussions with academic teams.
- In the past year alone 231 companies reported 452 new/improved products, processes and services and 226 jobs created or safeguarded as a direct result of Interface brokered collaborative projects.
Innovation Voucher Funding
141 Innovation Vouchers (Standard, Advanced, Student and Workforce) were awarded in 2020-2021 to Scotland’s Universities and Colleges totalling over £800K.
Suporting companies with ambition
We are proud of the businesses/organisations we have supported and are delighted to report, from information avaliable in the public domain, that in the past 12 months, 39 companies raised an impressive £99m investment from various sources, building on their ambitions and creating many new jobs.
The last twelve months have been an extraordinary busy period for the team with a record-breaking year of support to businesses and academic partners, and we are delighted to share with you the Interface Annual Review for 2020-2021.