Scheme at a glance
- The purpose of an Advanced Innovation Voucher award is aimed at building sustained relationships between small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) and universities or Further Education (FE) colleges in Scotland who may have previously collaborated together or for those companies who are beginning their collaborative journey with a HEI / FE college partner.
- The innovation voucher programme will draw on a number of funders including Scottish Funding Council, Highlands & Islands Enterprise and Scottish Enterprise.
- The Advanced Innovation Voucher will work on a sliding scale basis with a minimum cash contribution required from the company [please see FAQs - Page 3].
- There are set deadlines throughout the year for applications. (However, should you wish to apply for the Advanced Innovation Voucher out with the prescribed dates below please contact email@example.com to discuss the matter.)
- 26th April 2019
- 7th June 2019
- 19th July 2019
Stages of application
- The company and academic partner should meet to discuss the collaborative opportunities available.
- If you are seeking to prepare an Advanced Innovation Voucher application by way of follow on from another type of partnership, to ensure you qualify, the academic partner will complete the pre-submission form and send to Interface.
- SME and academic partner review FAQs (in particular see Page 3) and establish the project scope and milestones which determine the overall costings for the project.
- SME and academic partner fill out the application form and sends to Interface.
- Interface reviews and may ask for further information before sending to the Scottish Funding Council.
- Applications are assessed by a panel of funders and the Scottish Funding Council communicates the decision.
- Collaborative project between academic partner and business commences and a final report is produced on completion of the close out meeting.
- On receipt of the final report to Interface the Scottish Funding Council makes payment to the academic partner.